Ahh...Sweet Summer Sun and Sun Tea! They go together like the stars and moon, right? But, like many others you may have a bit of trouble figuring out how to make sun tea without those chemical & microplastic filled tea bags.
I want to change that for you! It’s such a joy to be able to look at the beautiful flowers, leaves, and other plant matter when you’re brewing up a batch of tasty iced tea. You can actually tell what’s going inside your body. Not only is it beautiful and a complete delight to make sun tea with loose leaf herbs, it’s super easy!
So easy, you can do it in these 9 simple steps:
- Find yourself a jar; I’m going to use a ½ gallon (64 oz) Mason jar for this example
- Grab your favorite loose leaf tea; I’m going to use our Daily Divini-Tea for this one, because I could really use some extra Soul Soothing right now
- Measure out a heaping ½ cup of the tea (I like to brew it super strong to compensate for the ice)
- Pour some good clean water over it
- Find a beautiful sunny spot and set your tea in it
- Come back to the sunny spot in about 2 hours (give or take) to grab your tea
- Strain your tea through a wire mesh strainer
- Store it in your refrigerator
- Pour it over a cup of ice, add your favorite reusable straw and enjoy!
And, that’s it. Super simple. Super yum. Super Soul Soothing!
If you want to find out some of my other favorite herbal teas to have on ice, check out our new Sunshine Tea Dreams Tea Bundle.
Don’t forget to get outside, play a lot, soak up the summer sun, and share this post with someone you’d love to sip some iced tea with today!
About The Author:
Melissa lives in Oregon, in the foothills of Mount Hood. She's a clinical herbalist, environmental educator, mother, wilderness therapist, lover, nemophilist, music loving maniac, and the founder of Mountain Mel's Essential Goods. She is passionate about inspiring others to take better care of our planet, through taking better care of themselves, naturally!